Most of the owners of hot water heaters get confused when having issues with their water heater. They want to know if they should replace or get it repaired. A professional technician can help you better in driving a decision for repair or replacement.
Water heater repairs and troubleshooting can sometimes save your old water heater. Make sure the electrical failure isn’t caused by blown a fuse or tripped circuit breaker before looking for a water heater replacement. A pressure relief valve or heating element replacement is a simple repair that can extend the life of your water heater.
Nowadays, most homes have conventional water heaters that retain heat. The formation of rust and/or sediment inside the tank with a service life of 10 to 15 years necessitates heater replacement. Tankless designs can last up to 25 years but will still need to be replaced. Here are some indications that helps you find water heater repair.
• Watch out for discolored water, which ranges from yellow to brownish red. This is usually caused by a buildup of scale or rust inside the tank.
• Another sign of being on the lookout for is if your home is constantly “running out of hot water.” A buildup of sediment inside the water tank is most likely to blame for this. If everything else is working properly, a water heater repair services Mississauga can help you remove the sediment and get you back up and running again.
• A minor variant of the previous issue is cold or warm water. A faulty heating element, thermostat, or a leaking dip tube can cause this. A dip tube is a small plastic tube used to drain cold water from a tank. If it’s broken, the hot and cold water will mix and become warm. If so, you simply replace the dip tube.
• If your water heater is leaking, It is time for hot water heater replacement. A puddle of water around your unit should be self-explanatory, but it will likely necessitate a significant repair or replacement.
• Finally, consider the age of your water heater. Even if nothing is wrong now, you should consider replacing a unit over ten years old because older models may not last as long, and repairs are not worth the money. Spending money on repairs is probably a waste of money.
We hope this guide helps you make a decision. You can contact us for a full inspection. We install, repair, and replace water heaters in Mississagua and across Canada.